Information for children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 only
Information for children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1, Year 6 only
As you may already be aware, schools are currently making plans for the return of children in Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 from 1st June 2020.
I am writing to reassure you that our first priority will be the safety of everyone in the school community. We have read the government’s guidance on how to implement protective measures at Malmesbury and here are some of the steps we are considering:
- Children to wash hands on a regular basis
- Class sizes no larger than 15 children with limited contact with other classes (your child may not be with their class teacher or preferred friendship group)
- Altered timetable that prevents children accessing different rooms, i.e. no ICT suite, no library
- Staggered break and lunch times
- Staggered drop-off and collection times
- Restricted numbers of parents/carers on school premises
- Regular cleaning of all equipment used by children
- Removal of some furniture and resources from classrooms to increase space (there is no expectation that schools enforce social distancing)
- Children and adults will not be wearing masks in school.
To aid our decision-making process, we need to know if you will be sending your child after the half term. Please phone or email the school (email@example.com) to let us know by Thursday 21st May. We will then be able to let you know finalised plans on Friday 22nd May.
There may be different reasons for your child not attending school even though they are eligible and we understand. Please rest assured that the government have recognised this and there will be no fines for non-attendance.
Mr S. Donegan