COVID-19 Coronavirus Update (17th March 2020)
We are writing to update and reassure you about what we are doing to ensure the wellbeing of your child and limit the risk to the community. These changes will run until the Easter holidays but can be extended if necessary.
- We will no longer be taking the children out of school for any trips, sporting events or swimming lessons.
- We are cancelling the parent pop-ins scheduled for Monday 23rd March.
- Due to low numbers of children and staff absence, we will start combining classes where appropriate to minimise the number of supply teachers we need to employ. Please do not be concerned if your child is taught in a different year group; our class teachers will ensure appropriate learning happens for all with our consistent approach to teaching.
- Currently, staff are preparing work and resources to be sent home in the event of a school closure.
- Our cleaning company have increased their schedule to ensure the school environment is of the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Teachers have been provided with additional cleaning wipes to ensure computers, keypads etc are kept clean.
- Class teachers are monitoring the washing of hands before the children eat lunch and we have purchased hand sanitizer.
- Whole school assemblies have been put on hold and we will continue to assess other large gatherings of children and adjust as we feel necessary.
Ways you can help us:
- Reassure your child that they are safe in school and talk with them about their concerns.
- Regularly check the school website for updates.
- Please ensure that the school office have your current telephone number so that we can keep you easily informed via Parentmail text messages.
Thank you for all your support and understanding.