Archive Year 5
We're launching our new school website on 14th October. The new format will make it easier for parents/carers and visitors to the website to find useful information about the school. Watch this space!
Welcome to Year 5 - Larch and Rowan
What are Larch and Rowan named after?
How to identify a Larch tree
- Larch trees are conifers.
- In spring, the leaves of a larch tree are a bright green colour but in autumn they turn golden yellow.
- They have clusters or 'tufts' of short needles on its twiggy branches.
- They have upright cones.
How to identify a Rowan tree
- The leaves grow on alternate pairs on the twig.
- Rowan trees generally only grow to around 10 metres tall.
- A rowan tree has berries which ripen to a red colour.
- The bark is smooth, shiny and grey.
Home Learning can be found here on the Home Learning page.
Below are some of the class's favourite links.