Welcome to Year 5
Thanks for visiting our webpage. Here you can enjoy exploring some of our learning and discover what we are doing in the Autumn term.
Home Learning can be found on the Home Learning page. Go to 'Children' and then click on 'Home Learning'. Scroll down to see the current Year 5 work.
In Autumn Term our topic is Out of this World in the first half term we will study:
- 'Leon and the Place Between' by Angela McCallister, exploring magic and the circus
- 'Troy' , looking at Greek theatre and life in Ancient Greece
What are Larch and Rowan named after?
How to identify a Larch tree
- Larch trees are conifers.
- In spring, the leaves of a larch tree are a bright green colour but in autumn they turn golden yellow.
- They have clusters or 'tufts' of short needles on its twiggy branches.
- They have upright cones.
How to identify a Rowan tree
- The leaves grow on alternate pairs on the twig.
- Rowan trees generally only grow to around 10 metres tall.
- A rowan tree has berries which ripen to a red colour.
- The bark is smooth, shiny and grey.